The Morean Arts Center will be hosting the 8th Annual Great St. Pete Cupcake Contest this Saturday, August 25, 2018 from 12:00pm until 3:00pm. This annual event helps to support the Morean Arts Center and will give the winning baker the recognition of “Best Cupcake” and a custom Cupcake Trophy.
Local restaurants and bakeries will present their best cupcake creation for judging in the following categories:
- People’s Choice Award (voted upon by event attendees)
- Leslie Ann Ciccone – Owner of (swah-rey)
- Lauren Wyer – General Manager at Datz Dough
- Devin Ayers – Chef at Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- Jen Jacobs – Owner of Wandering Whisk Bakeshop/Previous People’s Choice winner
- Dexter Fabian – Co-creator of I Love the Burg
- Matt Smith – Executive Chef at The Hanger
- Ken Tufo – Executive Chef at Sea Salt
- Nanette Wiser – Writer/Editor
Admission entry is $5 per person, (Ages 5 and older) and that includes cupcake samples and 5 ballots for the People’s Choice Award. Additional Ballots can be purchased for $1 each. The winner of each category will then be named at 3:00pm.
The Morean Center is located at 420 22nd Street South, St. Petersburg, Florida 33712.