The annual Florida State Fair is a little over a week away and now is the time to start planning and getting excited for your 2017 Fair Day!
THe Fair will open on Thursday, February 9, 2017 and run until February 20, 2017. The fair will once again feature the largest midway in the country with rides and games for all ages! But, what would the fair be without some unique fried goodness?!?!
This year’s fair will feature the favorites such as Kettel Corn, Funnel Cake and Fried Oreos. But, according to the official Florida State Fair Press Release, this year visitors can try the Cheesy Fried Enchilada Funnel Cake, the Steak Sundae, a White Cheddar and Bacon Pretzel Dog and even the Kettel Corn Ice Cream.
Another new feature at the fair this year will be the “Alaskan Soda Jerk”; which is also making its first ever fair stop. The “Alaskan Soda Jerk” features their famous Root Beer Floats, delicious shakes and malts and even limeaids, all served with a traditional “Soda Pop” style service that will make visitors feel like they traveled back in time to an old-fashioned diner.
The Budweiser Clydesdale will be on hand for the Opening Weekend of the Florida State Fair on Thursday, February 9, Friday, February 10 and Saturday, February 11, 2017 at the Bob Thomas Equestrian Center.
It is recommended to purchase tickets in advance online at the Florida State Fair website. Advance Ticket Prices are listed below:
- Adults (12 and up): $9
- Children (6-11): $5
- Seniors (55+, only applicable 2/13-2/17): $7
Ticket prices at the Gate will be:
- Adults (12 and up): $11 (Mon-Thur), $13 (Fri-Sun)
- Children (6-11): $6 (Mon-Thur), $7 (Fri-Sun)
- Seniors (55+, only applicable 2/13-2/17): $9
There are many discounts and admission deals throughout the fair’s run this year. The Weekday Ride Armband is available for $20 in advance ($25 at the gate) on the following dates: 2/9, 2/13, 2/14, 2/15, 2/16). The Any Day ride Armband is available on all fair dates for $30 in advance and $35 at the gate.
- Opening Day will also be the “Salute to Heroes Day” and all active, reserve, and retired military veterans, law enforcement, fire and all first responders will receive FREE admission into the fair will a valid ID.
- From February 11-18, all 4-H and FFA Students will receive FREE admission with proof of membership.
- February 16: 10 Midway Rides for $10
- February 17: $5 after 5pm (at ticket box only)
- February 20: Family Fun Day- $20 for 4 admission tickets
- Students in the following counties will each receive a FREE ticket at school for the following dates:
- 2/10: Hillsborough
- 2/12: Hardee
- 2/19: Citrus and Highlands
- 2/20: Manatee, Sarasota, Pinellas and Polk
The Florida State Fair will be open from 10am-9pm Monday through Thursday and 9am-9:30pm Friday through Sunday. (Weekend hours will be in effect on President’s Day.) The midway will close about 90 minutes after the gates close. Due to inclement weather the Florida State Fair reserves the right to close at an earlier time.
The Florida State Fair Grounds are located at 4800 US Why 301 N, Tampa, Florida 33610.