The tradition of the Gasparilla Parade started in 1904 when the Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla invaded Tampa and since then the parade, the attendance and the anticipation of the festivities has continued to grow.
While the City of Tampa and local law enforcement do everything possible to keep the near 300,000 in attendance safe, those planning on attending the parade should be well aware of the rules and regulations to ensure that only fun is had this upcoming Saturday.
Below is a list to help keep you informed as to the “Do’s and Dont’s” of Gasparilla 2017:
- It is also suggested that you check FL511.com or download the 511 app to keep up with the latest street closures and possible traffic congested related with the Gasparilla festivities.
- Arrive Early! As stated above, there will be hundreds of thousands of people along Bayshore Boulevard so arriving early and getting a good spot is DEFINITELY recommended.
- If you are bringing children or have medical necessities, soft coolers/lunch bags are permitted at the parade for nutritional/medical supplies.
- Bring CASH! Food and Beer vendors will only accept cash but, there will be ATM’s along Bayshore Boulevard to get cash if need be.
- Alcohol will only be served within the parade viewing area and NO alcohol will be allowed on neighborhood streets. Alcoholic beverages will only be sold to those who present identification showing that they are 21 years of age and older.
- NO Glass Containers
- NO Hard Coolers
- NO Styrofoam Cups
- NO Drones
- NO Signs or Banners
- NO Tents
- NO Pets (Service Pets are allowed)
- NO Bicycles allowed in parade viewing areas
- NO anchoring or loitering in the Seddon Channel
- Once the parade starts, there will be NO crossing over Bayshore Boulevard during the parade.
- NO Weapons
**If you are bringing children to the parade, it is advised to take a picture of your child before attending the parade, that way if for some reason you and your child get separated at any point during the day, you will have an exact photo of your child which will help accelerate the process of a reunion.
**If you lose anything during your time at the parade contact the Gasparilla Ticket Office at (813) 251-8844 which is where the “Lost and Found” will be located.
For more on the Gasparilla Parade of Pirates, click here for the full feature.